ever since i laid eyes on a beautiful white sabyasachi anarkali a few days ago, the designer has been on my mind. he also features on the november 2011 15th anniversary issue of indian elle, making an appearance alongside his colorful, whimsical designs. i am super obsessed with his mix of patterns and prints and flattering silhouettes – so much fun.
1. bipasha basu wears a fluorescent sari at an awards ceremony. i actually love the bold combination of yellow and pink. the colors are modern but the embellishment and styling has been kept traditional, making this a very interesting look. i fell in love with this sari at first sight, then i saw it from another angle and had a head scratching moment – it’s a one shouldered blouse. i mean…just leave it alone, sari blouses should be left normal.
2. rani mukherjee, diehard sabya fan and the one who does him the most justice imo, wears an embellished balkal silk black and maroon sari from the winter collection. i love the traditional feel of this, especially the longer, ombre sleeves on the blouse. simple jhumkas finish off the look.
3. arpita khan (sister of the salman) wears a basanti chiffon sari which looks fit for a wedding. this sari is the same color combination as bipasha’s but the shades are a lot more subtle. gold embellishments and a hot pink border give the sari a very formal look.
4. i am loving anushka sharma here. she looks gorgeous at a photocall in dubai in a black sabya ensemble. i love how sabya’s western looks are just as unique as his eastern ones. a pussybow tie blouse with balloon sleeves and statement shoulders is paired with pleated black trousers. anushka’s hair and makeup here is a perfect 10. or 10 million.
5. sabina chopra, the unofficial spokeswoman for sabyasachi, wears an embroidered black skirt from his frida kohlo inspired collection. i like the motif. i think it has inspired me. i might venture out and get an embroidered skirt now.
6. vidya balan wears one of my favorite color combinations – hot pink and black. while this looks like something we have seen vidya wear millions of times before, it still works. that is the thing, sabyasachi will always look beautiful.
i am obviously biased. deal with it